HMU is an acronym that stands for “hit me up.” It can be used as an invitation to meet up, or simply a request for a phone call or text message.
When using HMU in a text or chat message, its important to understand that your recipient may not have time to answer immediately—so dont take it personally if they dont respond right away!
When Can You Use HMU?
As you may have guessed, HMU is a texting expression that you can use to ask someone to call or text you. If youre having trouble meeting up with someone, send them an HMU message as a way of asking them to contact you.
As far as responses go, theyre pretty straightforward: if someone sends you an HMU message and asks if its okay for them to contact you, simply reply with an H or Y (for “yes” or “yes please,” respectively) in order for the other person to know that its okay for them to get in touch.
- To ask someone to hang out. “HMU!”
- To ask someone for their phone number. “HMU!”
- To ask someone for their email address. “HMU!”
- To ask someone on a date or to meet up in person. “HMU!”
HMU means hit me up. It can be used as an invitation to meet up or as a request for a phone call or text message.
Hmu means hit me up. It can be used as an invitation to meet up or as a request for a phone call or text message. The abbreviation is also used when you want to tell someone that you want to talk.
- “Hmu” is an initialism that stands for “hit me up.” Its used in texting and social media to ask someone if they want contact with you through texting or messaging.
- You may have heard the term “HMU” before, but what does it mean? Well, HMU stands for “hit me up!” If someone texts you “hmu” it means that they are either inviting you out on Friday night or inviting yourself over for coffee sometime soon!