Looking to master a signature makeup look? We’ve got you covered. Here, celebrity makeup artists share the tricks of their trade that helped make their clients famous and reveal how you can recreate some of 2018’s most iconic looks.
Cara Delevingne’s makeup is natural and understated, but still manages to look striking. Her style reflects her personality: she keeps it simple, but uses just enough product to make an impact.
She uses a lot of black eyeliner on both the top and bottom lash lines, which makes her eyes appear larger than they actually are (an optical illusion). She also has very pale skin that can seem dull without any blush or contour around her cheekbones; therefore, she always adds some color in this area using bronzer or highlighter–but never both together!
Alexa Chung’s signature look is a smoky eye. She uses brown eyeliner and black mascara to create the look, which she pairs with neutral shadow on her lid, shimmery highlight on her cheekbones, and a nude lip color.
Jennifer Lawrence’s makeup artist is Karime Macias.
The star has a signature look that she sticks to on the red carpet, but it’s not necessarily one you’d want to copy: her go-to look is a classic, natural look that emphasizes her eyes and lips. Her favorite products are the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer and the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Chantilly (for covering blemishes). She also uses an eyeshadow palette by Anastasia Beverly Hills called Subculture–it includes shades like “Subversive” (dark gray), “Militia” (light gray), “Noir” (black) and “Plunge” (brown).
Kate Moss is probably one of the most iconic models in history. And she happens to have a very specific makeup look that we can all try out for ourselves!
- Nude Lip: Kate always has a nude lip, whether it’s matte or glossy. She keeps her lips simple and natural with just a hint of color on them.
- Smoky Eye: This is usually done with black eyeliner and lots of mascara–but you don’t have to go all out if this isn’t your thing! Just add some mascara and maybe some brow gel if yours are too unruly (like mine).
- Defined Brows: You don’t have to get waxed like Kate does (or at least I hope not), but make sure that those brows are groomed before applying any other products so they look their best!
Kate Winslet is a British actress who has starred in many hit movies, including Titanic and The Reader. She is known for her natural beauty, preferring a no-makeup look most of the time. When she does wear makeup, it’s often minimal and simple–she likes to highlight her high cheekbones with blush or sweep on some bronzer if needed.
Kate uses Bare Minerals products almost exclusively for her daytime look because they don’t irritate her sensitive skin and help keep it looking fresh all day long!
Chrissy Teigen’s makeup style is very natural and youthful. Her rosy cheeks are one of the most iconic parts of her look, which she achieves by using highlighters and blush on her face. She also uses a variety of products like eye shadows, eyeliners and lipsticks to create this look.
Kendall Jenner’s signature look is a smoky eye. She uses a dark brown eyeliner and black mascara to create this look, and she also applies bronzer to contour her face. To complete the look, she likes to use lip gloss or lipstick in a light shade like peach or pink.
If you’re looking to create a signature look, celebrity makeup artists have some tips.
- Think about your skin type and color. “The first step is determining what kind of skin you have,” says celebrity makeup artist Rachel Goodwin-Jones. “Is it dry or oily? Is it sensitive? And then take into consideration whether it’s dark or fair.” She also suggests paying attention to how much time you spend in the sun (or not). This will help determine which products work best for your skin type–and when they should be used.
- Choose products that match your lifestyle and personality. If you’re always on-the-go and don’t want to worry about applying makeup every day, opt for something quick but still impactful like tinted moisturizer with SPF protection instead of foundation; if being bare faced isn’t an option because of scarring from acne or other issues, try covering up with concealer instead of heavy foundation; if having fun with fashion trends is important but not so much that they’ll take over everything else in life–you get where I’m going here!
The best part about these looks is that you don’t have to be a celebrity or a makeup artist to emulate them. With the help of some good brushes and products, anyone can recreate these iconic looks at home.