Drawing a rose is easy. Heres the five step process:
1. Draw a circle.
The first step to drawing a rose is to draw the circle.
Youll need to draw the circle in the size of the rose you want to create. For example, if you want a large rose, then make your circle larger than normal. If you want a small and delicate looking one, then make your circle smaller than normal.
The next step involves drawing petals around this basic shape.
2. Draw a small circular arc on the bottom of the circle.
- Draw a small circular arc on the bottom of the circle. This will be the base of your rose.
3. Draw 5 spokes inside the circle, touching it at all times.
Once you have the circle, draw a small circular arc on the bottom of it. This is for your stem, which will be drawn next.
Draw 5 spokes inside the circle, touching it at all times. Your lines should be smooth and symmetrical and there should be no spaces between them.
Next, draw more petals in all directions until your flower looks like a rose! Feel free to move around some of these petals as needed so that they are all facing outward instead of inward toward the center of your rose (this will make it look like youre looking at a fully bloomed flower). Once youve done that erase any guides that may still be visible from before so everything looks clean and neat!
4. Extend each spoke, and draw petals around the circle.
- Extend each spoke, and draw petals around the circle.
- Draw petals in all directions.
- Erase any guides you no longer need (the ones you used to draw your flower).
- If desired, add a small arc at the bottom of the circle for some added flair!
5. Draw more petals in all directions, and erase any guides, as well as the small arc at the bottom of the circle.
The next step is to draw the petals. You can do this with a series of curved lines that connect one side of the circle to another.
Don’t worry about making them perfect at this point, because you can always erase them later. Just make sure they all go in different directions and overlap each other slightly, as this will give us depth when we shade our rose later on.
Next, you need to erase any guides that are still visible and then add a small arc at the bottom of your circle (called an eye) so that it looks like a flower bud rather than just a ball shape.
A rose can be drawn by tracing a few simple shapes and lines
A rose can be drawn by tracing a few simple shapes and lines. The rose is a very popular flower and the national flower of the United States. It is also associated with love, romance, passion, beauty and elegance throughout history.
It’s easy to see why roses are such a popular flower. They have so many different varieties and colors, they look beautiful in all seasons and they can be used in arrangements for almost any occasion. Whether you want to draw a simple red rose or something more elaborate like an ornamental variety with lots of petals, this tutorial will help you get started!